Writer Elizabeth Chandler Working on 'Savvy' for Walden Media (Exclusive)
The young-adult fantasy novel written by Ingrid Law was honored with the Newberry award.
Elizabeth Chandler has been hired to work on the script for the adaptation of the young-adult fantasy book Savvy for Walden Media.
Ingrid Law wrote the bestselling 2008 novel, which was published by Walden's book division and honored with the Newberry award. It concerns Mibs Beaumont, who is about to turn thirteen years old -- the age when members of her family receive their own special power, known as a "savvy." But when her father is sent into a coma after a bad accident two days before her birthday and Mibs takes off to help him, she ends up on a wild adventure with her friends and equally savvy siblings.
Denise Di Novi (Crazy, Stupid, Love) and Alison Greenspan (Ramona and Beezus) are producing. Screenwriter Karen Janszen (Dolphin Tale) previously worked on the project.
Repped by Paradigm and the Gotham Group, Chandler has co-written the screenplays for A Little Princess, What a Girl Wants and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and she has written the scripts for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, Someone Like You... and the ABC TV movie Eloise at Christmastime.
Walden recently produced Journey to the Center of the Earth and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The company has Learning to Fly in production and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island hitting theaters in February.
- Oprah Gave Paul McCartney a Stern Talking-to for Letting Kanye Say the N-Word in ‘All Day’
- Bill Cosby Ordered to Stand Trial in Sexual-Assault Case
- Lena Hall’s Yitzhak Finally Achieves Her Dream of Playing Hedwig on the National Tour
- Burt Kwouk, Best Known as Cato From the Pink Panther Films, Dead at 85
- Cynthia Erivo Belts Out 'I'm Here' from 'Color Purple' on 'Late Show' - Watch Now!
- Louis Tomlinson Holds Hands With Danielle Campbell at Airport
- Johnny Depp & Jimmy Kimmel Mock His Australia Apology Video: 'A Genius' Wrote It! - Watch Now!
- Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case to Go to Trial, Judge Rules