Zeitgeist Films Grabs Rights to Sundance 2012 Doc 'Payback'
Jennifer Baichwal's debt documentary will get an April release after its world premiere in Park City.
Zeitgeist Films has acquired the documentary Payback, which will have its world premiere in the world documentary competition at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival in January. The film is scheduled for a late April release.
Directed by Jennifer Baichwal (Manufactured Landscapes), the film is based on Margaret Atwood's bestselling book, Payback: Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth, which looks at how debt influences relationships, societies, governing structures and the planet in different contexts around the world. Ravida Din of the National Film Board of Canada produced the project.
Zeitgeist has recently released Margarethe Von Trotta's Vision, Lynn Hershman Leeson's Women Art Revolution, Jonathan Lee's Paul Goodman Changed My Life and Richard Press and Philip Gefter's Bill Cunningham New York. Upcoming releases include Gianni de Gregorio's The Salt of Life and Andrei Zvyagintsev's Elena.
- 'Inside Out' And 'Jurassic World' Terminated 'Terminator Genisys' At The Box Office
- The Midnight Swim Redeems Found-Footage Horror: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review
- Kim Kardashian's 4th Of July Outfit Is Some Next Level Patriotism
- Victoria And David Beckham Celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary On Instagram
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril
- Conan O'Brien Crashed a 'Magic Mike XXL' Girls Night - and It Was Glorious