'Zookeeper' Ad Inserted Into 2007 'How I Met Your Mother' Episode
Zookeeper, starring Kevin James, isn't officially in theaters until Friday, July 8, so how exactly did it get integrated into an old episode of How I Met Your Mother?
A simple answer: The magazine with the Zookeeper ad behind Robin (Cobie Smulders) was most likely digitally inserted prior to the recent repeat airing. A better answer: Someone foresaw four years ago that Zookeeper would surface at some point in the future.
The original airing of the specific HIMYM episode in question was March 19, 2007 in "Moving Day," which aired during the CBS comedy's sophomore season.
Even so, inserting ads into old episodes that weren't there before isn't a new practice as "virtual advertising" is "branching out into virtual advertising, such as insertion of virtual signs, banners, logos and the placement of virtual products into TV shows."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 More Things You Never Noticed About The Wizard of Oz
- Kennedy Center Honors Celebrate Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Martina Arroyo, Shirley MacLaine
- LeAnn Rimes' 'Gasoline And Matches' Video Shot Entirely On iPhone
- Ben Affleck Lashes Out At Paparazzi, Says It's 'Wrong And Disgusting To Follow Children Around'
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction