'Zookeeper' Ad Inserted Into 2007 'How I Met Your Mother' Episode
Zookeeper, starring Kevin James, isn't officially in theaters until Friday, July 8, so how exactly did it get integrated into an old episode of How I Met Your Mother?
A simple answer: The magazine with the Zookeeper ad behind Robin (Cobie Smulders) was most likely digitally inserted prior to the recent repeat airing. A better answer: Someone foresaw four years ago that Zookeeper would surface at some point in the future.
The original airing of the specific HIMYM episode in question was March 19, 2007 in "Moving Day," which aired during the CBS comedy's sophomore season.
Even so, inserting ads into old episodes that weren't there before isn't a new practice as "virtual advertising" is "branching out into virtual advertising, such as insertion of virtual signs, banners, logos and the placement of virtual products into TV shows."
- John Oliver Asks, 'How Is This Not a Thing?'; Consequently, He Has Several Intense Responses to Several Great Things That Don't Exist but Should
- Game of Thrones Recap: Moral Victories
- That Time a Baked Sound Engineer Changed Eminem's 'Stan' Forever
- Comedian Doug Stanhope Says Amber Heard Is Blackmailing Johnny Depp
- Madonna Fires Back at BET Awards After Prince BBMAs Shade
- Domhnall Gleeson Spends the Day at Disneyland With Rumored Girlfriend Juliette Bonass
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Meet Chrissy Teigen & John Legend's Daughter Luna - Watch Now!
- Liam Hemsworth on Miley Cyrus Relationship: 'People Will Figure It Out'