'Zookeeper' Ad Inserted Into 2007 'How I Met Your Mother' Episode
Zookeeper, starring Kevin James, isn't officially in theaters until Friday, July 8, so how exactly did it get integrated into an old episode of How I Met Your Mother?
A simple answer: The magazine with the Zookeeper ad behind Robin (Cobie Smulders) was most likely digitally inserted prior to the recent repeat airing. A better answer: Someone foresaw four years ago that Zookeeper would surface at some point in the future.
The original airing of the specific HIMYM episode in question was March 19, 2007 in "Moving Day," which aired during the CBS comedy's sophomore season.
Even so, inserting ads into old episodes that weren't there before isn't a new practice as "virtual advertising" is "branching out into virtual advertising, such as insertion of virtual signs, banners, logos and the placement of virtual products into TV shows."
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan