'Zookeeper' Ad Inserted Into 2007 'How I Met Your Mother' Episode
Zookeeper, starring Kevin James, isn't officially in theaters until Friday, July 8, so how exactly did it get integrated into an old episode of How I Met Your Mother?
A simple answer: The magazine with the Zookeeper ad behind Robin (Cobie Smulders) was most likely digitally inserted prior to the recent repeat airing. A better answer: Someone foresaw four years ago that Zookeeper would surface at some point in the future.
The original airing of the specific HIMYM episode in question was March 19, 2007 in "Moving Day," which aired during the CBS comedy's sophomore season.
Even so, inserting ads into old episodes that weren't there before isn't a new practice as "virtual advertising" is "branching out into virtual advertising, such as insertion of virtual signs, banners, logos and the placement of virtual products into TV shows."
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized