Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
THR's Drama Actress Roundtable brings together Jennifer Lopez, Sarah Paulson, Kerry Washington, Julianna Margulies, Regina King, Constance Zimmer and Kirsten Dunst; THR Roundtables air every Sunday on SundanceTV.
'Downton Abbey' Creator Julian Fellowes Calls Writing "An Act of Faith — You Just Have to Jump In"
"I think you have to believe that if you’re fascinated by a circumstance, by a particular people, you are entitled to tell a story about them, otherwise none of us would get anywhere," Fellowes tells THR.
'Jessica Jones' Showrunner on Defying Female Superhero Tropes: "She Was Never Going to Play the Honey Pot"
"She was never going to put on the tight bandage dress and heels and go and seduce the guy she needs information from," Melissa Rosenberg tells THR of crafting the lead character of the Netflix series.
Niecy Nash: "It Was My Naivete That Got Me Where I Am"
The 'Getting On' star says she didn't know "you had to have an agent and a manager to get an audition," so she got the audition (and the job) on her own.
Lily Tomlin Recalls Encountering Blatant Sexism During Her Early Career
"I said, 'I’ll do another show, but I don’t want a partner.' They said, 'Well, you’ve got to have somebody that we can talk to.' This is how bad it was."
Ilana Glazer on What It Takes to Run 'Broad City,' Sexism and Relinquishing Control
"When I'm met with sexism, I'm like, 'Are you kidding me?'" Glazer told THR.
- 'Mr. Robot' Showrunner Sam Esmail Recalls Rami Malek's Audition: "He Was Shaking"
- 'UnREAL' Showrunner Marti Noxon: You Can't Worry About "What the Internet Is Going to Think"
- 'American Crime' Creator John Ridley Tackles Sexual Assault on Campuses
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson' Producer Nina Jacobson on Fear of Tackling Subjects "Outside" of Her "Own Experience"
- Jane Lynch Reveals What Makes a Dream Reality TV Contestant, Compares Trump to a Playground "Bully"
- LL Cool J on 'Lip Sync Battle' Contestants: "You Can't Lose"