China's iQiyi Buys Online Broadcast Rights to 800 Paramount Titles
The film unit of Internet giant Baidu will use its platform resources to market, distribute and promote Paramount films online.
Wimbledon: Japan's NHK Testing 8K Production Of Tennis Matches With 'Tomorrowland' Camera
Plans are to produce two matches per day from Wimbledon's No. 1 Court.
Chicago Netflix Subscribers to Pay More
The Windy City is enacting a 9 percent tax on streaming services.
‘Terminator: Genisys:’ A CG Schwarzenegger is the Latest in Hollywood's Work Toward Digital Humans
The fully CG character is featured in scenes including a shot-by-shot recreation of the iconic arrival of the T-800 from the original 1984 film.
UK's Cinesite Acquires Vancouver-Based Image Engine
The deal gives Cinesite a larger Canadian presence, as it joins forces with the company that has done visual effects work for 'Jurassic World,' 'Game of Thrones' and 'Straight Outta Compton,' among other movies and TV shows.
China's Alibaba in Digital Home Entertainment Bundling Deal With DMG, Hunan TV
The pact is the latest in Alibaba's quest to expand its entertainment business and covers gaming, film and TV content, as well as education, shopping and other offers.
- Megaupload Takes U.S. Government's Asset Seizures to Appeals Court
- Viral Videos: Money to Be Made, But First a Trip to the Courthouse
- Michael Fassbender in 'Steve Jobs' Trailer: "Artists Lead and Hacks Ask for a Show of Hands"
- iPhone Users Discover Siri's Sassy Response to an Unsolvable Question
- Vivendi Buys Majority Stake in DailyMotion
- Entertainment Midyear Stock Report: Streamers Soar, Sony Leads Conglomerates