Amazon's Hollywood Shopping Cart Secrets
A big checkbook, bigger buzz for 'Transparent' and now a push into movies as Jeff Bezos and studio chief Roy Price talk to THR about attracting Woody Allen, Ridley Scott and deep industry curiosity about its un-Hollywood way of doing business. "They don't want anything anybody else has," 'Transparent' creator Jill Soloway says. "They want stuff that really f--s up the status quo."
Amazon's Jeff Bezos on Hollywood Strategy: "When People Join Prime, ... They Buy More Shoes"
In a wide-ranging interview about his vision for Amazon Studios, the company's founder and CEO — who sits in on greenlight meetings for his upstart content division — reveals his plan to turn the $200 billion retail company into an industry player and his hands-off approach to content creators like 'Transparent's' Jill Soloway: "How in the world could I possibly help Jill? I can help Jill by leaving her alone."
Blake Griffin, Danica Patrick and Other Athletes on Why They Believe in Jeter's The Players' Tribune
Some 300 athletes have contributed to TPT, but basketball's Blake Griffin, racing's Danica Patrick and football's Andrew Hawkins have been more involved than most for reasons they shared with THR.
Ben Lyons Reinvents Himself As "Voice of the Fans" at Jeter's Players' Tribune
The 33-year-old has rebounded from a rocky stint as Roger Ebert's replacement on the TV show 'At the Movies,' shifting his focus from Hollywood to his greatest passion: sports.
Nokia Enters Virtual Reality Business, Debuts 360-Degree Camera for Professionals
Dubbed OZO, the camera was unveiled Tuesday before many Hollywood production insiders. It's expected to be available later in the year.
YouTube Fans Look Beyond Hollywood-ization of VidCon
"It's an organized chaos," says one attendee about the online video industry's biggest fan event.
- Facebook's Oculus Rift Debuts Virtual Reality Short 'Henry' From Pixar Alum
- Twitter Reports Strong Second Quarter Earnings as CEO Search Continues
- Dentist Accused of Killing Famous Lion Slammed on Yelp, Social Media: " 'American Psycho' Incarnate"
- Dad Uses 'Taken'-Inspired Note to Get Kids to Clean Sink
- NBCUniversal Exec John Wallace Named Deluxe President; Ian Trombley Assumes His Role At NBCUni
- New York Magazine's Website Goes Dark After Posting Story on Bill Cosby Accusers