Actor Sues 'Lone Survivor' Producers After Role Cut
Dan Bilzerian says he loaned the production $1 million in exchange for at least eight minutes of screen time and 80 words of dialogue, but appears in the film for less than one minute.
Professional poker player Dan Bilzerian is suing the producers of Peter Berg's Lone Survivor, claiming he loaned the production $1 million in exchange for a role in the film. The problem? Bilzerian says the promised role was significantly smaller than agreed upon.
According to the suit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, producers Randall Emmett and George Furla agreed Bilzerian could play the role of Sr. Chief Healy in the Navy SEAL drama, and that he would "appear recognizably" in the film for at least eight minutes and speak at least 80 words of dialogue. But Bilzerian says he appears in the film for less than one minute and has just one line.
The lawsuit is seeking damages to be determined at trial, and Bilzerian believes they will be in excess of $1.2 million (the original loan amount plus a 20 percent penalty).
An agreement dated Oct. 10, 2012 between Bilzerian and the producers says writer-director Berg had "meaningfully consulted" with Bilzerian and "taken into consideration Bilzerian's thoughts" on the part, which was written specifically for him.
Reps for Emmett and Furla did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Bilzerian previously performed stunts in Olympus Has Fallen, according to his IMDB page. He is represented by Michael J. Plonsker of Plonsker Law.
Lone Survivor centers the real-life failed mission of a group of Navy SEALs, and stars Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Eric Bana, Emile Hirsch and Ben Foster as SEALS attempting to take down a Taliban leader. It's slated to hit theaters Dec. 27.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan