Bankruptcy Court Approves Process for Selling Rhythm & Hues
The VFX house could be in the hands of another company on March 28, a day after an auction will be held.
Despite some late fireworks, a California federal bankruptcy judge has approved an auction for the sale of VFX house Rhythm & Hues.
The decision to go ahead with bidding came Wednesday in an eight-page order issued by Judge Neil Bason.
South Korea’s JS Communications has been established as the "Stalking Horse Bidder" and will make a $425,000 cash deposit that it will be able to get back if the company ultimately doesn't win the bidding.
Interested buyers will have to make qualified bids by March 22. The auction commences March 27, and a hearing on the approval of the sale of R&H will happen the following day.
In making the decision to go ahead with the auction, Bason noted that he had considered various declarations including the response that was filed by the Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
In that filing, the committee questioned the loans that have been allowed to keep R&H in operation and also the proposed auction, saying that liquidation might be a better approach to the recovery of creditors' money.
That drew an angry response from 20th Century Fox and R&H's lawyers, who defended how the bankruptcy was playing out.
Bason didn't articulate his reasoning in the court documents, but there will be future opportunities for objections to the sale. Parties other than the committee must file oppositions to the proposed sale of assets free and clear of liens, claims and interest by March 25. The committee can file its own objection by March 28, the date in which R&H's future seems likely to be determined.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!