Bryan Singer Dismissed from U.K. Teen's Sex Abuse Lawsuit (Exclusive)
The director filed a motion weeks ago to dismiss the case brought against him and Gary Goddard by an anonymous British actor.
Bryan Singer has been dismissed from the federal teen sex abuse case brought against him by an anonymous British actor.
"We are pleased the case was dismissed," the director's attorney Marty Singer tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The case was filed in May in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles against the X-Men director by an actor identified only as "John Doe." Singer filed a motion to dismiss several weeks ago, claiming that there was no legal basis for the suit and that it was improperly brought. Jeffrey Herman, the attorney for the plaintiff, did not respond to a request for comment on why the suit against the director was dropped. It was also filed against Gary Goddard, who has not been dismissed.
The case was one of several filed against Singer and others over allegations of underage sex abuse. Still pending is a suit filed in Hawaii against Singer and three others by Michael Egan III, who is also represented by Herman. The claims against the other three defendants were withdrawn after motions to dismiss by the defendants — Goddard, Garth Ancier and David Neuman — challenged whether they had been in Hawaii at the time Egan alleged.
Singer, Goddard, Ancier and Neuman have denied the allegations, with Marty Singer penning a fiery letter to Herman. In June, Ancier sued Egan, Herman and Egan attorney Michael Gallagher of Hawaii, for malicious prosecution and abuse of process.
Sundance: On the Scene
- The Fantastic Four Movie Seems Really Good All of a Sudden
- Vacation’s Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo to Reunite for a Pilot With a Very Silly Name
- Frozen Duo Writing a Song for Neil Patrick Harris to Sing at the Oscars
- Sundance: Watch Robert Redford and Nick Nolte Get Ready to Hike in A Walk in the Woods
- Behati Prinsloo, Karlie Kloss & the Angels Star in Victoria's Secret Super Bowl 2015 Commercial - Watch Now!
- Mandy Moore Hinted at the Ryan Adams Split Before News Broke
- Tom Cruise Allegedly Wiretapped Nicole Kidman's Phone & More Revelations From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Former Hollywood Executive Cindra Ladd Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape in Powerful Essay