CBS Corp. Names Larry Tu as Chief Legal Officer
The former Dell general counsel will be replacing Louis Briskman, who is retiring.
Lawrence Tu has been tapped as the new legal chief at CBS Corp.
The announcement was made on Wednesday by CBS CEO Leslie Moonves, who noted that Tu will be replacing Louis Briskman, who is retiring after 30 years with the company.
For the past nine years, Tu served as general counsel at Dell Inc. Prior to that, he was the general counsel at NBCUniversal, where he oversaw the acquisition of Telemundo, Bravo and Universal. Tu has also practiced law at the firm of O’Melveny & Myers and served as co-general counsel of Goldman Sachs Asia Pacific, where he was based out of Hong Kong.
“Larry possesses a deep understanding of how the law intersects with intellectual property, copyright and content distribution, as well as other issues facing our industry,” said Moonves. “He brings to this position a unique combination of experiences at the highest court of the land, as well as in finance, M&A, entertainment, government regulation, litigation and technology."
Born in New York as the son of Chinese immigrants, Tu is a graduate of Harvard Law School. He began his career as a a law clerk for Judge Walter Mansfield on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and then for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall. He later served three years in the U.S. State Department’s Office of the Legal Advisor.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport