Century City Bar Association Honors Dan Black, Avis Frazier-Thomas, Three Others
All of the honorees have an entertainment profile.
The Century City Bar Association at its annual awards dinner Thursday night honored four lawyers and a local firm, all with entertainment connections.
Named as entertainment lawyer of the year was Daniel H. Black of Greenberg Traurig LLP. A transactional attorney, Black is a veteran of Columbia Pictures, Paramount and Weintraub Entertainment Group. He’s been with Greenberg Traurig since 2003 and has been named a Power Lawyer by The Hollywood Reporter in each year of the list, 2007-12.
Anointed intellectual property lawyer of the year was Warner Bros. vp and intellectual property counsel Avis Frazier-Thomas, who has been a trademark attorney for over thirty years. In previous jobs, she has been a trademark examiner with the US Patent and Trademark Office, and a member of the intellectual property department at Times Mirror, which owned the Los Angeles Times.
Picking up honors as litigation lawyer of the year was Wayne M. Barsky of Gibson Dunn & Crutcher, LLP. Barsky’s clients include Atari, Sega, Warner Bros., EA and Simcity.
Robbin L. Itkin of Steptoe & Johnson LLP received the award as bankruptcy lawyer of the year. Her practice includes entertainment and sports bankruptcy matters.
Irell & Manella LLP was named pro bono law firm of the year. Former California state supreme court justice Carlos R. Moreno accepted for the firm, which has a significant entertainment litigation practice.
Among the event’s numerous sponsors were Warner Bros. and William Morris Endeavor.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"