Century City Bar Association Honors Dan Black, Avis Frazier-Thomas, Three Others
All of the honorees have an entertainment profile.
The Century City Bar Association at its annual awards dinner Thursday night honored four lawyers and a local firm, all with entertainment connections.
Named as entertainment lawyer of the year was Daniel H. Black of Greenberg Traurig LLP. A transactional attorney, Black is a veteran of Columbia Pictures, Paramount and Weintraub Entertainment Group. He’s been with Greenberg Traurig since 2003 and has been named a Power Lawyer by The Hollywood Reporter in each year of the list, 2007-12.
Anointed intellectual property lawyer of the year was Warner Bros. vp and intellectual property counsel Avis Frazier-Thomas, who has been a trademark attorney for over thirty years. In previous jobs, she has been a trademark examiner with the US Patent and Trademark Office, and a member of the intellectual property department at Times Mirror, which owned the Los Angeles Times.
Picking up honors as litigation lawyer of the year was Wayne M. Barsky of Gibson Dunn & Crutcher, LLP. Barsky’s clients include Atari, Sega, Warner Bros., EA and Simcity.
Robbin L. Itkin of Steptoe & Johnson LLP received the award as bankruptcy lawyer of the year. Her practice includes entertainment and sports bankruptcy matters.
Irell & Manella LLP was named pro bono law firm of the year. Former California state supreme court justice Carlos R. Moreno accepted for the firm, which has a significant entertainment litigation practice.
Among the event’s numerous sponsors were Warner Bros. and William Morris Endeavor.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram