Charlie Sheen’s Lawyer: Discussions for 'Two and Half Men' Return Happened
Charlie Sheen’s lawyer is disputing the letter sent this morning by Warner Bros. attorneys claiming that the actor has not been discussing a possible return to Two and a Half Men.
“That’s ridiculous,” Sheen attorney Marty Singer tells THR of the claim in the April 14 letter that said “there have been no discussions, there are no discussions, and there will be no discussions, regarding his returning to or having any involvement in the series.”
“There absolutely have been discussions,” Singer continues. “As late as this Tuesday there have been discussions about Charlie coming back and everyone was involved.”
Singer declines to go into specifics of those talks or which people associated with the show, co-creator Chuck Lorre, WB or CBS have been in contact with Sheen or his representatives. Sheen, in media interviews, has said that he has been talking with executives—although he has been vague about who—about returning to his old job as the star of TV’s No. 1 sitcom.
Singer says Warners’ letter was sent as a response to Singer’s own letter he sent the studio last week demanding that Sheen be paid his share of profits from the show’s first seven seasons. In the wake of the dispute, Singer says, Warners has cut off Sheen’s hefty back-end payments from previous seasons of show, currently in its eighth season, refusing to send accounting statements for the most recent payment period.
“What’s going on here is I wrote a demand letter about Charlie not being paid for the first seven seasons,” Singer continues. “This is the response. Those episodes have nothing to do with this dispute and Charlie should be paid accordingly.”
Asked for comment on Singer’s claims, a Warners rep says: “Our attorneys’ letter speaks for itself.”
Email Matthew Belloni at Matthew.Belloni@thr.com and follow him on Twitter at @THRMattBelloni.
Sundance: On the Scene