Chuck Lorre Lawyer Responds to Charlie Sheen Lawsuit: 'Fantasy' and 'Recklessly False'
Chuck Lorre's lawyer is responding to the $100 million lawsuit filed Thursday morning by Charlie Sheen against Lorre and Warner Bros. over the shutdown of Two and a Half Men.
"The allegations in the complaint against Mr. Lorre are as recklessly false and unwarranted as Mr. Sheen's rantings in the media," Lorre's attorney Howard Weitzman tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "The accusations are simply imaginary."
Weitzman goes on to suggest Sheen's motivation for the suit is simply about money.
"This lawsuit is about a fantasy 'lottery' pay-day for Charlie Sheen," he says. "Chuck Lorre's concern has been and continues to be about Mr. Sheen's health."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport