Chuck Lorre Lawyer Responds to Charlie Sheen Lawsuit: 'Fantasy' and 'Recklessly False'
Chuck Lorre's lawyer is responding to the $100 million lawsuit filed Thursday morning by Charlie Sheen against Lorre and Warner Bros. over the shutdown of Two and a Half Men.
"The allegations in the complaint against Mr. Lorre are as recklessly false and unwarranted as Mr. Sheen's rantings in the media," Lorre's attorney Howard Weitzman tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "The accusations are simply imaginary."
Weitzman goes on to suggest Sheen's motivation for the suit is simply about money.
"This lawsuit is about a fantasy 'lottery' pay-day for Charlie Sheen," he says. "Chuck Lorre's concern has been and continues to be about Mr. Sheen's health."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Ready to let go of "Let It Go" ? Disney isn't. Mouse has five year plan for "Frozen" franchise
- 'True Blood' Turns Ted Cruz Fundraiser At George W. Bush Library Into A Bloodbath (SPOILER ALERT)
- Dear Governor Cuomo: A Conversation with Natalie Merchant, Plus Catching Up with Freda Payne
- Rob Reiner on the Middle-Age Love Story 'And So It Goes'