Court Upholds $7 Million Judgment Against 'Real Housewives of New York' Star Sonja Morgan
A judge rules Morgan is personally liable for fraudulent conduct against Hannibal Pictures after pulling out of financing a movie.
The United States Court of Appeals has upheld a $7 million judgment against Real Housewife of New York star Sonja Morgan made by Hannibal Pictures and its owner Richard Rionda del Castro, which alleges she is personally liable for fraudulent conduct when a movie she agreed to fund, Fast Flash to Bang Time, was not made.
“With the confirmation by one of the highest Courts of our country, the masks are falling and there is no longer any doubt that we were defrauded and severely damaged. We are now going to collect to the fullest extent of the law,” says Rionda del Castro in a statement.
Morgan filed for bankruptcy in November, claiming the movie was never made because its planned star, John Travolta, needed "various conditions" that her company, Sonja Productions, couldn't provide.
Hannibal Pictures distributes three to six motion pictures a year with budgets between $10 million and $30 million. The latest are Casino Jack starring Kevin Spacey, Big Bang starring Antonio Banderas, Son of No One starring Channing Tatum and Al Pacino and Things Fall Apart starring Curtis 50 cent Jackson and Mario Van Peebles.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million
- Nina Dobrev & Damon Wayans, Jr. Play 'Let's Be Cops' at Comic-Con 2014
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!