Courtney Love Sued by Former Assistant
Jessica Labrie claims she was subjected to unethical requests, promised a “full-ride scholarship to Yale University" and never paid for her work.
Courtney Love's legal bills are mounting. The widow of Kurt Cobain is being sued by former assistant Jessica Labrie who claims she's owed unpaid wages and that during her time of employment, she was subjected to unethical requests such as being ordered to falsify legal documents and hire a hacker – all of which Labrie refused to do.
Labrie filed for wrongful termination, nonpayment and breach of contract in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday.
In the suit, Labrie contends that the rocker promised her a “full-ride scholarship to Yale University,” work with her music management company and $30 an hour for her assistance services. Labrie claims Love hired her in June 2010 but that she was never compensated with the promised wages or the college tuition, despite having “often worked more than 60 hours per week.”
Additionally, Labrie’s attorney Joshua Gruenberg states that Love’s behavior caused the ex-assistant to suffer from headaches, insomnia and a number of other medical ailments during her employment.
Love’s publicist Steve Honig released a statement on behalf of the Hole frontwoman and actress on Wednesday: “The allegations are completely unfounded and are being made with malice by a disgruntled former employee.”
The suit comes on the heels of another suit for nonpayment filed by a former attorney who's asking for more than $400,000 in legal fees.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer
- Eva Longoria Says The Way The Child Refugee Crisis Has Been Handled Is ‘Un-American'