David Bergstein Sues His Former Attorney for $50 Million
Teri Zimon, a one-time lawyer for the embattled film executive, has been sued in connection with the ongoing Bergstein legal mess.
The David Bergstein litigation circus has grown to include another former attorney for the embattled film executive. Bergstein and an entity called Graybox LLC on Monday sued Teri Zimon, who previously represented his interests and is now accused of using private information to aid the creditors in the involuntary bankruptcy proceeding against him.
Bergstein, the former head of film companies ThinkFilm and Capitol Films, has been the subject of court scrutiny over his business practices with film investor Ron Tutor. Bergstein already is embroiled in litigation with Susan Tregub, a former attorney who he claims used sensitive information against him, allying herself with Bergstein nemesis Aramid Entertainment Fund to initiate the involuntary bankruptcy that has plauged Bergstein for years.
Zimon, who is alleged to be a close confidant of Tregub,is accused of helping Aramid dig up dirt on Bergstein to fuel the claims against him. The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, claims at least $50 million in damages from breaches of fiduciary duties, professional negligence and aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duties.
"Zimon has made every effort to avoid the day of reckoning but cannot hide any longer," the complaint states.
Zimon did not return a call or email for comment.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!