Hollywood Attorney Eric Weissmann Forms Own Law Firm
The veteran entertainment lawyer moves on in the wake of the merger of his former firm.
Longtime entertainment attorney Eric Weissmann has announced the formation of his own law firm in Encino, Calif.
Weissmann, a founder of the Bevely Hills firm Weissman Wolff Bergman Coleman Grodin, represents actors, authors, directors, producers and writers including Gene Wilder, Keith Carradine, Paul Mazursky, Michael Cimino, Jonathan Kaplan, among others. He has practiced in entertainment for more than five decades.
“I look forward to enjoying the freedom of being on my own and devoting full time to my clients,” Weissmann said in a statement on Tuesday.
The move comes in the wake of Weissmann's former firm merging earlier this month with Sacramento-based Weintraub Genshlea Chediak Tobin & Tobin, effectively brining to an end an entertainment law firm that has been a player in Hollywood since the early 1980s.
Weissmann is known for his international practice, repping such companies as Korea's CJ Ventures, Emperor Multimedia Group (Hong Kong), KDB (Korea Development Bank) as well as directors from Russia, France, Hong Kong, Italy and China.
He also plans to continue his career as a teacher, having lectured at Harvard and Yale and served as an adjunct professor of law at USC.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!