'Expendables 2' Stuntman Sues Over Injuries in On-Set Explosion
Nuo Sun filed suit Thursday against Millennium Films over injuries suffered in an on-set accident that killed another stuntman.
A stuntman injured in an explosion on the Bulgaria set of The Expendables 2 has sued the film's producers seeking damages for his pain and suffering.
Nuo Sun filed suit Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Millennium Films, claiming an Oct. 27, 2011, stunt at the Ognyanovo Reservoir/Dam near the village of Ognyanovo was recklessly staged by the producers of the Sylvester Stallone action sequel. Sun, who news reports have suggested was a stand-in for co-star Jet Li, alleges he was engaged in a stunt in a rubber boat when an explosion severely injured him. Another stuntman on the film, Kun Lieu, was killed in the same explosion.
As a result of the alleged negligence, Sun claims he has suffered "severe shock and injury" to his "nervous system, neck, head, body, arms and legs, all of which injuries may be permanent and all of which injuries have caused and continue to cause plaintiff great mental, physical and nervous pain and suffering," the lawsuit alleges.
We've reached out to Millennium for comment and will update with a response. At the time of the accident, the company issued the following statement: “Our deepest condolences go to the family of Kun Lieu. His passing is tragic. Our sympathies also go to Nuo Sun, who was seriously injured as a result of the same explosion. We have been informed his condition has stabilized. He has been transported to Munich, Germany, where he is receiving top medical care from the best specialists.”
The complaint, filed by attorney Robert Klein, alleges causes of action for negligence and strict liability against defendants Millennium, Barney's Christmas Inc., Second Choice Productions International and Second Choice Production Services.
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign