Food Network Host Guy Fieri at Center of New Lawsuit
The Food Network says that Guy Fieri isn't going anywhere despite a lawsuit that was filed against the network for allegedly failing to provide the popular host for upcoming seasons of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
Page Television and Video Prods, which produces the hit show, claims in a complaint filed last Friday in Minnesota federal court that the Food Network breached a contract by failing to provide Fieri's services and not making payments under its contract.
Page says Food Network has backed out of a relationship for Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
"After four years of Page Productions providing the Food Network with one of their biggest hits in years, the network told us to stop production in the midst of a three season contract," said Page in a statement to AdWeek. "As a result, we have had to lay off staff, and as a last resort we have had to turn to litigation to resolve this issue."
The lawsuit claims that the Food Network breached a 2007 contract over seasons 12, 13, and 14 of the show for a total of 37 episodes.
Food Network, though, says both the show and its host will be returning. "We look forward to continuing to work with Guy Fieri to produce future original episodes of his popular show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives," said the network.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!