Fox Promotes Two Legal Executives
Peter Marco will focus on sports rights deals while Lisa Richardson will be a lead attorney in TV distribution negotiations.
Fox Networks Group has announced two new promotions in its ongoing efforts to restructure its business and legal affairs unit so as to align the network’s content distribution across platforms.
The executives being upped are Peter Marco and Lisa Richardson. Both will now have the title of senior vp business and legal affairs for Fox Cable Networks.
Marco, previously a vp in the same unit, will be focused on centralizing Fox's international sports activities and responsible for helping News Corp strategize growth and development in this key area. He'll also serve as a lead attorney in negotiations for acquisitions and worldwide distribution of Fox’s major sports properties. The executive has been with Fox since 2000, when he was a law clerk for Fox’s domestic sports group out of Pepperdine Law School.
Besides having a strong focus on sports, Marco also serves as counsel for Fox Hispanic Media, an advertising sales unit of Fox, and he is a lead negotiator for FNG’s music licensing strategies with royalty collective units including ASCAP, BMI and SESAC.
Richardson, also previously a vp in the same unit, will continue to serve as a lead attorney responsible for negotiating and drafting agreements with cable and satellite providers for the distribution of the Fox broadcast network and the company's portfolio of cable networks across multiple platforms. She also works on various corporate licensing matters and assists with litigation and FCC matters.
She's been with Fox since 2005 after joining the company after time spent in the business and legal affairs department of Gemstar-TV Guide International. A USC Law School grad, she along with Marco will be reporting to Claudia Teran, evp and deputy general counsel at FNG.
“Peter and Lisa are both invaluable contributors to the growth and success of our content businesses; these promotions recognize the important role that they will continue to play in the coming years," said Teran in a statement.
The latest promotions are said by FNG to be part of a series of moves that complement the previously announced restructuring of Fox Networks Group's business and legal affairs group.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
- R&B Star Estelle on Industry Pressure: 'I'm No More Grace Jones Than I Am Norah Jones'
- 60-Year-Old Given Chance To Live Out His Dreams Completely Owns The Stage
- No Cameras Allowed: How Sneaking Into Coachella Led to Career as One of the Most Desired Photographers in Music
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Rips Off His Shirt In Europe's Strongest Man Competition
- Zoe Saldana Can't Do the Ice Bucket Challenge Because of Her Pregnancy, So Hubby Marco Perego Steps In (Video)
- Dita Von Teese on Body Insecurities: I Replace Negative Thoughts & Never Point Out 'Flaws'
- Diane Kruger's Hot Pink Sneakers Capture Our Attention!
- Alexander Ludwig 'Stands Tall' for JJ Spotlight! (Behind the Scenes Photos)