Jenner & Block Adds Former ESA GC as New Partner
Kenneth Doroshow served as head of litigation for the RIAA from 2005 to 2008.
Jenner & Block has announced that Kenneth L. Doroshow will be joining the firm in the Washington, DC office.
Doroshow has previously served as senior vice president and general counsel at the Entertainment Software Association, the video game industry’s national trade group, and as senior vice president of litigation and legal affairs at the Recording Industry Association of America.
The attorney, who graduated from Cornell Law School in 1989, has been on the forefront of many issues in entertainment and media law, including First Amendment and copyright. At the ESA, he led the legal team including Jenner & Block partner Paul Smith that won a landmark decision last year that video games are entitled to First Amendment protection in Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association, et al.
At the RIAA, from 2005 to 2008, Doroshow was a leader in helping the record industry trade group in designing and implementing its nationwide litigation strategy against P2P software providers, satellite radio, search engines and others.
He now joins Steven Fabrizio as the second former head of litigation at the RIAA to join Jenner & Block.
"We’ve worked with Ken for years," said Fabrizio. "In our field, he is one of the best. Ken has earned the respect and confidence of key players throughout the entertainment community – and for good reason. We are thrilled he is joining our team."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR