Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Landlord Sues Over Use of His Home in 'Jersey Shore' (Exclusive)
New Jersey homeowner demands to be compensated for unauthorized filming of his property on MTV show and reimbursed for property damage.
Stuart Levine alleges in a new lawsuit that he is the owner of a property that he leased in 2008 to Jenni "JWoww" Farley, more than a year before she hit it big on MTV's hit reality television show. He says that the home was filmed on at least five occasions on a number of Jersey Shore episodes. He says he didn't know his property was going to be used this way, and is now suing Farley and 495 Productions.
Last week, we wrote about the landlord of a Malibu property who failed in a lawsuit against NBC Universal over the use of his property on Bethenny Ever After. Similar to the latest lawsuit, that property owner says that tenants went behind his back to allow reality TV cameras inside the place.
But the lawsuits are grounded on vastly different legal claims.
In the Bethenny Ever After lawsuit, the plaintiff claimed that his privacy rights had been violated. A judge in the case believed that the plaintiff's privacy wasn't as important as the media defendants' free speech rights to publish the interiors of the home.
In the latest Jersey Shore lawsuit, filed on Monday in New York Supreme Court, the question isn't a homeowner's privacy versus a property that became a matter of public interest, but rather whether Farley and 495 Productions breached a contract on use of the plaintiff's property, and committed unjust enrichment and conversion.
Levine is demanding to be compensated for unauthorized use of his property, including reimbursement for damage to the home. In total, he's seeking in excess of $450,000 for the various claims.
495 Productions couldn't immediately be contacted. According to reports, the company has been negotiating with a Jersey Shore-based baby goods store about filming the Jersey Shore spinoff featuring a pregnant Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!