Gloria Allred Sued for Allegedly Attempting to Steal Clients in John Travolta Case
Though both accusers have withdrawn their suits against the actor, there is a new legal battle brewing between the lawyers involved.
The drama continues in the John Travolta sexual battery litigation—despite the fact that both accusers have dropped their cases.
Okorie Okorocha, the lawyer who represented both masseurs that accused Travolta of sexual misconduct, is now suing Gloria Allred for allegedly stealing his clients. The civil complaint, filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court and obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, alleges claims for intentional interference with contractual relations, intentional interference with prospective economic relations and unfair business practices.
Okorocha claims that upon learning of a possible conflict of interest between his two clients – John Doe No. 1 and John Doe No. 2 – he suggested that John Doe No. 1 find a new lawyer. At that point, John Doe No. 1 allegedly dismissed Okorocha from his case and hired Allred to represent him. The lawsuit was ultimately dropped.
Allred then allegedly solicited John Doe No. 2 in an effort to represent him as well. Okorocha then appeared on CNN on May 15 to discuss the alleged solicitation, after which Allred fired back with an email to Okorocha claiming that she had had “no communication with that person” and warning, “I strongly advise you not to make false statements about me.”
Two days later, it was announced that Allred had signed John Doe No. 2 as her client. Just a few days later, the second case against Travolta was dropped, though Allred continues to represent both John Does.
Okorocha is seeking unspecified compensation, as well as non-economic damages for “emotional distress.”
Allred issued the following statement on Monday: "Mr. Okorocha's lawsuit will be dismissed, and we will ultimately recover a judgment against him."
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Selena Gomez Flashes Black Bra in Sexy Sheer Dress at Coachella with Kendall & Kylie Jenner!
- Robert Downey Jr. Stars in Another HTC Phone Commercial
- Sofia Vergara & Vanessa Paradis Stun in Black at 'Fading Gigilo' NYC Screening!
- Jennifer Garner Talks About Ben Affleck's Competitive Nature on 'Live with Kelly & Michael'!