Johnny Depp, Hollywood Palladium Sued Over Altercation at Concert
The plaintiff, a medical professor at UC Irvine, says she attended a concert by Iggy and the Stooges in December with her husband at the Palladium and was roughed up by Depp's security guards.
Johnny Depp and the Hollywood Palladium have been sued by an anonymous woman who claims she was beaten at a concert.
The woman, a medical professor at UC Irvine who alleges she is handicapped, says she attended a concert by Iggy and the Stooges in December with her husband at the Palladium, a Hollywood landmark. She claims that Depp and his entourage became confrontational with her, dragged her across the VIP section of the venue, causing her shoes to come off and her clothes to become disheveled. Security later handcuffed the woman and dragged her through the venue, causing her pants to come off and "exposing her buttocks to the other Hollywood Palladium theater patrons," the lawsuit alleges.
Depp is said to have witnessed the whole altercation.
The plaintiff says the altercation exacerbated her previous condition (she allegedly has spondyloarthritis) and caused new injuries including cuts, bruising, scrapes, swelling, hyperpigmentation and bleeding.
The lawsuit, filed by attorneys Marvin Louis Wolf and Sepehr Daghighian, alleges 12 causes of action, including negligence, premesis liability, assault, battery, false imprisonment and discriminatory practices.
We've reached out to Depp and the Palladium for comment and will update.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!