Judge Refuses to Toss 50 Cent Sex Tape Lawsuit
The rapper tried to end a suit over a sex tape he edited himself into as a character named Pimpin' Curly.
Rapper 50 Cent has lost a bid to end a Florida woman's lawsuit over a sex video posted online with him edited into it as a wig-wearing narrator.
A New York judge rebuffed the rapper's request to dismiss Lastonia Leviston's claim in a ruling made public Thursday. Lawyers for both sides haven't returned calls seeking comment.
The lawsuit concerns a videotape Leviston made with a boyfriend in 2008. The judge's decision says the boyfriend later provided the tape to 50 Cent without Leviston's permission.
The rapper used the footage to make a video featuring himself as a character named Pimpin' Curly.
He says he wasn't responsible for the video's 2009 release. But he says it was legally fair to use the images.
Her lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!