Katherine Jackson to Testify in AEG Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The late King of Pop's mother is scheduled to take the stand Friday.
Michael Jackson's mother reportedly will testify Friday in the wrongful death suit she and her son's three children brought against concert promoter AEG Live.
Katherine Jackson is the next scheduled witness in the case, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Katherine and her son's three kids -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- claim AEG negligently hired and controlled Dr. Conrad Murray, who gave Michael a fatal dose of propofol in 2009, days before his comeback tour was slated to begin.
AEG claims Michael hired Murray and that any money the company was supposed to pay the physician was an advance to the singer, the L.A. Times reports.
Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Michael's death in 2011 and is serving four years behind bars.
Katherine is the latest Jackson family witness in the trial, with the King of Pop's eldest son, Prince, taking the stand in June. Jurors in the case also have seen clips from deposition testimony by Michael's daughter, Paris.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR