Lady Gaga Settles Personal Assistant's Overtime Lawsuit
A deal comes as the singer was prepared to appear at a trial next month.
Lady Gaga has resolved a lawsuit brought by her former personal assistant Jennifer O'Neill.
O'Neill sued the singer born Stefani Germanotta and claimed nearly $400,000 in overtime pay, plus further damages, after serving at Gaga's "beck and call" from 2009 to 2011 during the Monster Ball Tour.
For her services, O'Neill got a $75,000 annual salary, but O'Neill wanted time and a half for allegedly working 24/7 during this time to do things like having to sleep in Gaga's bed and get up in the middle of the night to change a DVD. The plaintiff brought claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and New York wage laws.
In a deposition, Gaga unleashed her anger on her ex-assistant. O'Neill was a "f---ing hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn’t earn," said Gaga, adding that O'Neill "deserves every dollar of her $75,000 that we agreed to. But she does not deserve a penny more.”
In September, a judge declined to dismiss the lawsuit, ruling that it would be up to a jury to decide how much of O'Neill's on-call time was work. To make this determination, the judge said it would be the jury's task to figure out whether being at Gaga's beck and call restricted her own personal time.
In advance of a trial next month that would have detailed Gaga's extravagant lifestyle -- including five-star hotels, private planes and free Yves Saint Laurent clothing, according to court documents -- the two have come to a settlement.
On Monday, a stipulation and order of dismissal was entered in New York state court. Terms of the settlement agreement aren't known.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- We Spent Half An Hour Talking To Allison Janney About 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
- Here's How 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Really Feels About That Emmy Snub
- 'American Horror Story' Leaked Call Sheet Signals Possible Return Of A Past Character
- New Visions on Romance: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of I Origins & Mood Indigo
- Not Only is Zoe Saldana Pregnant, But She's Reportedly Expecting Twins!
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, and Daughters Sunday & Faith Join Reba McEntire's 'Pray for Peace' Campaign (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives for Court, Is Working Out a Plea Deal for His Recent Arrest Charges
- Kelsey Grammer & Wife Kayte Welcome Newborn Son Gabriel!