Legendary Entertainment Names Martin Willhite As General Counsel
One of Hollywood's top entertainment dealmakers is jumping from law firm life to a studio.
Martin Willhite, a partner at Los Angeles' Munger Tolles & Olson, has been named general counsel of Legendary Entertainment, the Warner Bros.-based producer-financier of such films as Clash of the Titans, The Dark Knight and the Hangover franchise. Legendary also has a television and comic book business.
Willhite, who has been featured on The Hollywood Reporter's annual Power Lawyers list of the top 100 entertainment attorneys in America, has been involved in some of the most interesting deals in recent Hollywood history. In 2009 he represented the William Morris Agency in its merger with Endeavor to form WME. He also represented the Spyglass partners when they took over MGM and Reveille in its acquistion by Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine.
"We are fortunate to have Marty join our team at Legendary,” Legendary chairman and CEO Thomas Tull said in a statement. “His extensive legal experience with entertainment, capital markets and financial transactions will benefit Legendary on a going forward basis.”
Email: Matthew Belloni@thr.com
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game