Legendary Entertainment Names Martin Willhite As General Counsel
One of Hollywood's top entertainment dealmakers is jumping from law firm life to a studio.
Martin Willhite, a partner at Los Angeles' Munger Tolles & Olson, has been named general counsel of Legendary Entertainment, the Warner Bros.-based producer-financier of such films as Clash of the Titans, The Dark Knight and the Hangover franchise. Legendary also has a television and comic book business.
Willhite, who has been featured on The Hollywood Reporter's annual Power Lawyers list of the top 100 entertainment attorneys in America, has been involved in some of the most interesting deals in recent Hollywood history. In 2009 he represented the William Morris Agency in its merger with Endeavor to form WME. He also represented the Spyglass partners when they took over MGM and Reveille in its acquistion by Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine.
"We are fortunate to have Marty join our team at Legendary,” Legendary chairman and CEO Thomas Tull said in a statement. “His extensive legal experience with entertainment, capital markets and financial transactions will benefit Legendary on a going forward basis.”
Email: Matthew Belloni@thr.com
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!