Legendary Entertainment Names Martin Willhite As General Counsel
One of Hollywood's top entertainment dealmakers is jumping from law firm life to a studio.
Martin Willhite, a partner at Los Angeles' Munger Tolles & Olson, has been named general counsel of Legendary Entertainment, the Warner Bros.-based producer-financier of such films as Clash of the Titans, The Dark Knight and the Hangover franchise. Legendary also has a television and comic book business.
Willhite, who has been featured on The Hollywood Reporter's annual Power Lawyers list of the top 100 entertainment attorneys in America, has been involved in some of the most interesting deals in recent Hollywood history. In 2009 he represented the William Morris Agency in its merger with Endeavor to form WME. He also represented the Spyglass partners when they took over MGM and Reveille in its acquistion by Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine.
"We are fortunate to have Marty join our team at Legendary,” Legendary chairman and CEO Thomas Tull said in a statement. “His extensive legal experience with entertainment, capital markets and financial transactions will benefit Legendary on a going forward basis.”
Email: Matthew Belloni@thr.com
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!