Lifetime's 'Steel Magnolias' Reboot Won't Be Stopped by Judge
A judge denies a request for a restraining order from an executive producer of the 1989 original.
A Los Angeles Superior Court judge won't halt the Sunday premiere of Limetime's new Steel Magnolias remake.
The network has confirmed that Victoria L. White's motion for a temporary restraining order has been denied.
White, who was an executive producer on the original 1989 film starring Sally Field and Julia Roberts, sued on Monday, alleging that she had a right to participate on television projects based on the movie. White claims that she is entitled to credits and compensation from television adaptations.
Read here for more information about the lawsuit as well as the complaint.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley Dance in 'Imitation Game' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Michelle Dockery's 'Downton Abbey' Returns on January 4 For Fifth Season!
- Dwayne Johnson Wears Wig For Funny Fitness Skit on 'Tonight Show' - Watch Now!
- Kate Hudson Can't Stop Giggling During Box of Lies Game - Watch Now!