Lifetime's 'Steel Magnolias' Reboot Won't Be Stopped by Judge
A judge denies a request for a restraining order from an executive producer of the 1989 original.
A Los Angeles Superior Court judge won't halt the Sunday premiere of Limetime's new Steel Magnolias remake.
The network has confirmed that Victoria L. White's motion for a temporary restraining order has been denied.
White, who was an executive producer on the original 1989 film starring Sally Field and Julia Roberts, sued on Monday, alleging that she had a right to participate on television projects based on the movie. White claims that she is entitled to credits and compensation from television adaptations.
Read here for more information about the lawsuit as well as the complaint.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!