Lifetime's 'Steel Magnolias' Reboot Won't Be Stopped by Judge
A judge denies a request for a restraining order from an executive producer of the 1989 original.
A Los Angeles Superior Court judge won't halt the Sunday premiere of Limetime's new Steel Magnolias remake.
The network has confirmed that Victoria L. White's motion for a temporary restraining order has been denied.
White, who was an executive producer on the original 1989 film starring Sally Field and Julia Roberts, sued on Monday, alleging that she had a right to participate on television projects based on the movie. White claims that she is entitled to credits and compensation from television adaptations.
Read here for more information about the lawsuit as well as the complaint.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed