Pitbull Tests Lindsay Lohan's Questionable New York Residency Claim in Her Lawsuit
A rapper being sued by the actress points out how ridiculous it is for Lohan to claim she lives in the state.
Is Lindsay Lohan really claiming to be living in New York when for the next few months, she'll be working at a morgue in California to complete community service and avoid a jail cell? Yes, and the lawyer for rapper Pitbull is pointing out exactly how ridiculous that is.
Lohan is currently suing Putbull for rapping about her. The lyric that set off a lawsuit went like this: “Hustlers move aside, so I'm tiptoein’, to keep flowin’ / I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan.”
Many folks have noted the absurdity that Lohan would test the First Amendment by claiming Pitbull's words caused her "tremendous emotional distress" and were "destined to do irreparable harm" to her image as "a professional actor of good repute."
The silver prize in silliness has to be that Lohan filed the lawsuit in Nassau County, New York, claiming to be a resident there in her mother's home.
In an effort to get the case transferred from county court to a federal one, Pitbull's lawyers have filed a notice of removal that talks about how Lohan made a sworn declaration that "falsely attested" to her residence.
As proof, it's pointed out that Lohan has a California driver's license, leases a home in Venice Beach, and that "given her frequent legal troubles, Ms. Lohan possesses irrevocable ties to California that are likely to keep her there for the foreseeable future."
But it doesn't stop there.
Pitbull's lawyers also direct attention to the fact that Lohan provided a sworn affidavit of her California residency in a lawsuit involving allegations of a stolen spray tan formula, and last year, a judge ruled in Lohan's lawsuit against eTrade over its "milkaholic" baby commercial that she had not proven residence in Nassau County and ordered a change in venue.
Maybe on further reflection, saying one has "got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" means the power of being slippery, or a stubborn refusal to be pinned down to any location.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Debuts First Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Almost Sweeps Young Hollywood Awards 2014 - See Complete Winners List!
- Newlyweds Naya Rivera & Ryan Dorsey Kiss, Look So in Love in Los Angeles - See Her Huge Wedding Ring!
- Justin Bieber Receives the Champ of Charity Award at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014