Luber Roklin Sues Manager Over Commissions From Ex-Clients
Stephen Crawford is alleged to have interfered with the oral contracts between his clients and their former management company.
A Hollywood management firm has sued one of its former employees for allegedly instructing clients to stop paying commissions when they followed him to a new company.
In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Luber Roklin Entertainment claims that manager Stephen Crawford was employed by the company from 2007 through 2012, when he left to join rival Industry Entertainment. During his time at Luber Roklin, Crawford represented clients including Jon Herman, Tiffany Paulsen, Adam Minarovich, David DiGilio, Adam Kane and John P. Lavin, according to the lawsuit.
When Crawford switched firms, he allegedly told his clients to stop paying LRE, even though the clients had oral agreements with the management firm to continue paying commissions from jobs they got while represented by the company.
"All amounts owed under the LRE Clients' agreements with LRE were to be paid directly to LRE, not to Crawford or any other individual manager," the lawsuit states. "After Crawford resigned from LRE, most, if not all, of the LRE Clients ceased paying commissions to LRE."
Damages are not specified. THR has reached out to Crawford for comment.
The suit, filed by Jordan Susman of Freedman & Taitelman, alleges causes of action for toritious interference with contractual relations, conversion and accounting.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!