'Man of Steel' Hairstylist Sues Over Injury on Set
The plaintiff says she suffered severe injuries after tending to one of the actors between takes.
Fixing Superman's hair can be a dangerous occupation.
Cheryl Pickenback, who is listed on IMDb as the key hairstylist for the upcoming tentpole Man of Steel, is suing producers after allegedly sustaining injuries on the set.
The plaintiff says she was instructed to walk across the set in Plano, Ill., that was made to appear like rubble -- "a fractured and uneven walking surface" -- to fix the hair of one of the actors between takes. She evidently fell and says she suffered "severe and permanent injuries" and was required to seek "extensive medical and surgical consultations and treatments."
She alleges that defendants Warner Bros., Legendary Pictures and Third Act Pictures failed to adequately supervise the premises to ensure proper safety precautions.
The lawsuit was filed in Illinois state court in December and removed to federal court Wednesday by co-defendant James McAllister, identified as a location manager in the complaint but who says he played no role in filming taking place at the Illinois location.
Warner Bros. has yet to respond to requests for comment.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!