Man Sues Lindsay Lohan Over 2012 Car Accident
James Johnson says a bag of pills and a water bottle smelling of alcohol were found after the actress rear-ended him.
A motorist is suing Lindsay Lohan for injuries he says he sustained after being rear- ended by the actress in 2012.
In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, James Johnson claims Lohan slammed her black 2012 Porsche 911S into his vehicle as both were driving northbound on the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica.
Johnson alleges Lohan failed to adjust for slowing traffic, and that a bag of pills and a bottle smelling of alcohol were discovered in her car after the accident, which occurred June 8, 2012 at approximately 11:42 a.m. The suit also names Lohan's Crossheart Productions as a defendant for allegedly providing Lohan with the car despite knowing she was unfit to operate it.
The suit alleges Lohan broke several laws, including driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, speeding and recklessly operating a motor vehicle.
Johnson says he continues to suffer "great physical, mental, and nervous pain and suffering" because of the accident, and his injuries have led to lost wages. He is seeking punitive damages, attorney fees and "further relief as the court may deem just" at a trial by jury
According to a police report released the day of the accident, officers determined neither Lohan nor a man with her in the car were impaired. The accident took place while Lohan was filming Lifetime's Liz & Dick.
The actress previously faced criminal charges stemming from the crash, including reckless driving, lying to a police officer and obstructing an officer from performing duties. She accepted a plea deal that included 90 days in rehab. She completed her stint in a Malibu rehabilitation facility in August.
A rep for Lohan did not immediately respond to request for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game