Man Sues Lindsay Lohan Over 2012 Car Accident
James Johnson says a bag of pills and a water bottle smelling of alcohol were found after the actress rear-ended him.
A motorist is suing Lindsay Lohan for injuries he says he sustained after being rear- ended by the actress in 2012.
In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, James Johnson claims Lohan slammed her black 2012 Porsche 911S into his vehicle as both were driving northbound on the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica.
Johnson alleges Lohan failed to adjust for slowing traffic, and that a bag of pills and a bottle smelling of alcohol were discovered in her car after the accident, which occurred June 8, 2012 at approximately 11:42 a.m. The suit also names Lohan's Crossheart Productions as a defendant for allegedly providing Lohan with the car despite knowing she was unfit to operate it.
The suit alleges Lohan broke several laws, including driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, speeding and recklessly operating a motor vehicle.
Johnson says he continues to suffer "great physical, mental, and nervous pain and suffering" because of the accident, and his injuries have led to lost wages. He is seeking punitive damages, attorney fees and "further relief as the court may deem just" at a trial by jury
According to a police report released the day of the accident, officers determined neither Lohan nor a man with her in the car were impaired. The accident took place while Lohan was filming Lifetime's Liz & Dick.
The actress previously faced criminal charges stemming from the crash, including reckless driving, lying to a police officer and obstructing an officer from performing duties. She accepted a plea deal that included 90 days in rehab. She completed her stint in a Malibu rehabilitation facility in August.
A rep for Lohan did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jared Leto Is Stressed About His Potential Oscar Speech
- Maya Angelou Shares The Advice She'd Give Her Younger Self (VIDEO)
- Red Carpet Protesters Ask For Yearly Wages That Add Up To At Least One Oscar Gown
- Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising Talk New EP Supporting LGBT Rights (AUDIO)