'Men in Black 3' Extra Sues Over Alleged Wardrobe Malfunction
Columbia Pictures, Amblin Entertainment and many of the individuals who worked in the costume department have been slapped with a lawsuit from "Woman in Costume."
It's almost becoming a legal ritual that each summer, a tentpole film prompts a lawsuit from an injured extra. The latest claim comes from a New York woman who says she suffered a wardrobe malfunction on the set of Men in Black 3.
Danika Gerner filed the lawsuit last week in New York Supreme Court against Columbia Pictures, Amblin Entertainment and many of the individuals who worked in the costume department for MIB3.
Gerner alleges that the costume department provided her with a costume in a "defective and dangerous condition" and that the defendants were "negligent in failing to take suitable precautions" for her safety.
As a result, she says she suffered "serious bodily injuries" during the filming that took place May 9-14, 2011, in New York City.
In the complaint, Gerner doesn't detail the precise nature of the wardrobe malfunction nor specify the injuries she allegedly suffered but says she is still injured and has been unable to attend to her usual vocation. (There's some circumstantial evidence online that suggests that Gerner is a model and personal trainer by trade.)
Columbia Pictures had no comment.
The lawsuit is the latest in a string of claims by individuals who claim they were injured during the production of big-budget films.
Last week, an extra on the set of Transformers 3 received a $18.5 million settlement after being critically injured in a stunt gone bad. The deal followed the resolution of another case in which a stuntman sued over an injury suffered during the making of The Hangover Part II.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'