Meth Dealer Walter White Has Been Captured by Police
The Alabama meth cook who shares a name with Bryan Cranston's "Breaking Bad" character has been apprehended.
On AMC's Breaking Bad, Walter White is still cooking meth as DEA officers including his own brother-in-law remain oblivious to the "Heisenberg" who has been supplying New Mexico with potent "blue sky."
But in real life, the Tuscaloosa County sheriff's office in Alabama has finally captured its own Walter White, who rose to the "Most Wanted" last week after missing a court appearance.
The real White was on probation after being arrested in 2008 on charges of trafficking methamphetamine, unlawful manufacturing of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of precursor materials.
He is said to have violated the terms of his probation earlier this year after getting back into the cooking meth racket. On August 9, following a missed court appearance, a county judge ordered his capture.
White doesn't look that much like Bryan Cranston, who has won Emmy Awards for playing the more famous albeit fictional Walter White. Both are in their 50s, however.
Who knows whether the real Walter White earned more business as a result of the AMC show. The misfortune of sharing a name, however, might have made it tougher for the Tuscaloosa guy to stay underneath the radar and elude capture.
The Tuscaloosa sheriff's office has now updated its "Most Wanted" by planting a big red "captured" tag across Mr. White's face.
E-mail: email@example.com; Twitter: @eriqgardner
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public