Music Lawyer Joins Hirsch Wallerstein Entertainment Firm
Ken Burry, who was previously with Greenberg Traurig, will expand the firm's music expertise.
Ken Burry, a veteran music lawyer whose clients include Katy Perry, David Lee Roth and Gary Clark Jr., has joined the Hollywood law firm Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof + Fishman.
Burry was previously at Greenberg Traurig, where he was partner, a title he'll maintain at his new firm.
The move expands the music practice at Hirsch Wallerstein, known for its roster of actors (Julia Roberts, Sean Penn, Rachel McAdams, Jeff Bridges), filmmakers (Guillermo Del Toro) and multi-hyphenates (Jennifer Lopez).
“We are thrilled that Ken is joining us and excited about the expertise and synergy that his practice brings to ours," the firm's partners said in a joint statement to The Hollywood Reporter.
Burry also brings with him clients Baz Luhrmann (the upcoming The Great Gatsby), composer Steve Jablonsky (Transformers) and the Santa Monica-based radio station KCRW.
He is a graduate of American University College of Law.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences