Phil Spector and Wife Sue City of Alhambra, Claim Property Damage
The lawsuit, filed Thursday, alleges that landslides caused by construction done by the city of Alhambra have made the couple's home uninhabitable.
Jailed record producer Phil Spector and wife Rachelle Spector have sued the city of Alhambra over damage to their residence.
The lawsuit, filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleges that the couple's Grand View Drive residence in the Los Angeles-area city has been "destabilized and damaged by deep-seated landsliding" caused by road work and construction handled by the city.
The Grand View property is the 10-bedroom mansion where Spector shot actress Lana Clarkson to death in 2003. The so-called "Pyrenees Castle" was built in 1926 and was purchased by the record producer in 1998.
According the complaint for inverse condemnation, a city-owned wall that supports the hillside on Grand View has deteriorated and is causing a landslide and subsidence that is damaging the Spectors' property. The lawsuit alleges that "road cuts" that are part of a public project have destabilized the hillside.
The famed record producer was convicted of second-degree murder in 2009 in connection with Clarkson's death and is serving a lengthy prison sentence at a correctional facility in Corcoran, Calif. Spector towered over pop music in the 1960s, pioneering the famed "Wall of Sound" style of production with acts such as The Ronettes, The Righteous Brothers and Ike and Tina Turner.
The homeowners are seeking compensatory relief for the physical damage to their property, the loss of its use and the loss of value to it and the cost to stabilize the residence.
City of Alhambra officials did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.
Fall TV Preview
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014