Relativity Media's Former General Counsel Joins Sklar Kirsh
Michael Rosner joins a new law firm founded in February.
Michael Rosner, the former general counsel and executive vice president of Relativity Media, is joining Sklar Kirsh in the law firm's corporate department.
The move represents a return to law-firm life for Rosner, who before joining Relativity full-time, was a senior counsel at Loeb & Loeb. For the studio headed by Ryan Kavanaugh, Rosner helped closed multiple financing rounds. Rosner joined Relativity in January 2012, around the same time that Ron Burkle and his Yucaipa Cos. investment firm put an estimated $800 million into the film and TV company. He left Relativity last year. Greg Shamo, Relativity's co-COO, now oversees the company's legal function.
Rosner is said to be a specialist in structuring financial transactions. At Relativity, the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals recognized Rosner as one of 20 leading general counsel in California.
Born in Philadelphia and a 1993 graduate of the Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California Berkeley, Rosner is now headed to a new firm started by Jeffrey Sklar and Andrew Kirsh. The two founding partners opened shop in February.
"Michael Rosner brings to Sklar Kirsh several critical strengths: financial expertise, unparalleled knowledge of corporate law, entertainment industry experience and M&A skills," said Sklar. "His extensive in-house experience, as well as the time he has spent counseling a wide range of business and lending clients at national law firms, has given Michael an insider’s understanding of the needs of the business client."
Correction: The original post said that he was leaving Relativity, when he departed the company in 2012.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010