Relativity Media's Former General Counsel Joins Sklar Kirsh
Michael Rosner joins a new law firm founded in February.
Michael Rosner, the former general counsel and executive vice president of Relativity Media, is joining Sklar Kirsh in the law firm's corporate department.
The move represents a return to law-firm life for Rosner, who before joining Relativity full-time, was a senior counsel at Loeb & Loeb. For the studio headed by Ryan Kavanaugh, Rosner helped closed multiple financing rounds. Rosner joined Relativity in January 2012, around the same time that Ron Burkle and his Yucaipa Cos. investment firm put an estimated $800 million into the film and TV company. He left Relativity last year. Greg Shamo, Relativity's co-COO, now oversees the company's legal function.
Rosner is said to be a specialist in structuring financial transactions. At Relativity, the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals recognized Rosner as one of 20 leading general counsel in California.
Born in Philadelphia and a 1993 graduate of the Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California Berkeley, Rosner is now headed to a new firm started by Jeffrey Sklar and Andrew Kirsh. The two founding partners opened shop in February.
"Michael Rosner brings to Sklar Kirsh several critical strengths: financial expertise, unparalleled knowledge of corporate law, entertainment industry experience and M&A skills," said Sklar. "His extensive in-house experience, as well as the time he has spent counseling a wide range of business and lending clients at national law firms, has given Michael an insider’s understanding of the needs of the business client."
Correction: The original post said that he was leaving Relativity, when he departed the company in 2012.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!