Sam Raimi Settles Suit With Insurance Broker
The director of "Oz the Great and Powerful" had claimed he was overcharged at least $72,000. No terms of the settlement were revealed.
Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has reached an out-of-court settlement in a lawsuit he filed last year in L.A. Superior Court against his former insurance broker Jerry Goldman and J.B. Goldman Insurance Co.
An attorney for Raimi declined comment on the terms of the settlement.
Raimi had claimed in the November 2012 lawsuit that he was defrauded out of at least $72,000 and was charged other unnecessary fees. He alleged fraudulent misrepresentation, fraudulent concealment, constructive fraud and more.
Raimi clamed that Goldman had sold him an excess of personal liability insurance between 2004 and 2011.
At that time Raimi learned someone else had sued Goldman, and he engaged another broker who told him that he had been systematically overcharged.
Goldman was also sued in 2011 by actors Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, for allegedly overcharging them as well. That suit was settled in May 2012.
Raimi most recently directed the movie Oz the Great and Powerful, which grossed over $491 million worldwide. He is also involved in writing and producing a number of movies.
Attempts to reach Goldman for comment were unsuccessful. A business number for his agency is no longer in service.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe
- Now That You've Seen Snowpiercer, Which Other Movies Should You Watch From Director Bong Joon-ho?
- Hannibal Producers on Clarice Starling’s Arrival and Who Survived the Massacre
- Morgan Freeman Tries Helium Again for Jimmy Fallon
- Ian Somerhalder Heads to Comic-Con After Looking Lovey Dovey with Rumored Girlfriend Nikki Reed
- Matt Bomer Accidentally Gropes Liv Tyler in 'Space Station 76' Trailer
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale Head on Vacation with Family!
- Mad Men's Jessica Pare Takes Advantage of Her Free Time After Filming Wraps!