Shine America Appoints New Legal Department Head
NBCUniversal Jeffrey Schneider heads to the company in the newly created position of executive vp of business and legal affairs and general counsel.
Former NBCUniversal executive Jeffrey Schneider is heading to Shine America. The company announced Tuesday that the business affairs veteran will head the in-house legal department in the newly created position of executive vp of business and legal affairs and general counsel.
“Jeff’s tremendous professional experience within our industry makes him the ideal executive to lead our business affairs team as we continue to aggressively expand our footprint in both scripted and unscripted television programming,” said Shine America ceo Rich Ross.
While at NBCUniversal, Schneider served as executive vp of business affairs, entertainment and digital Networks and integrated media since July 2011. He oversaw all aspects of business affairs for the group’s Bravo, Oxygen, Style, Sprout, Telemundo, Fandango and Daily Candy assets.
“I am very excited to be going to a company as entrepreneurial as Shine America,” said Schneider. “With so much change occurring across the television and digital landscapes, I had really been hoping to find a place where I could expand upon and go beyond my network and studio experience. This is the perfect time to be joining Rich and his team.”
Schneider will work out of Shine America's Los Angeles office, where he will report directly to Ross. His previous employers include A&E Networks, Fox Television Studios, MTV Networks, Paramount Pictures Corp. and was an associate at the entertainment law firms Katz, Golden & Sullivan and Slaff, Mosk & Rudman.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!