Tommy Lee Jones Ex-Agents Seek to Confirm $1.95 Million Arbitration Award
William Morris Endeavor petitions the court for 10 percent commission from Jones' 'No Country for Old Men' salary; Jones has appealed.
The prolongued legal fight between Tommy Lee Jones and his ex-talent agency has taken another turn, with William Morris Endeavor filing a petition Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court to confirm a $1.95 million arbitration award of commissions from No Country for Old Men.
As THR has previously reported, a California labor commissioner ruled that Jones must pay WME ten percent of a $15 million settlement he received from Paramount after bringing a claim for compensation from the 2007 best picture Oscar winner, which grossed $171.6 million worldwide. With interest, that award amounted to $1.95 million.
Jones on Oct. 11 filed an appeal of that ruling in Los Angeles Superior Court, asking a court to force WME to disgorge all commissions that WME has received from No Country, plus an order requring it to pay $250,000 for the alleged breaches of fiduciary duties, plus a declaration denying WME any further commissions. At the time, WME lead lawyer Kerry Garvis Wright told THR: "We don't believe there's any basis for an appeal."
Now WME has followed up that statement with the expected petition to confirm the arbitration award. A judge will likely consider the petition and Jones' appeal simultaneously.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!