Tony Scott Estate Rejects CAA's $1M Creditor Claim
The agency says it is owed commissions from projects Scott completed before his suicide last year.
The estate of late filmmaker Tony Scott has rejected a claim for more than $1 million in unpaid commissions from several projects he worked on before jumping to his death last year.
In January, CAA filed a creditor claim on the estate. The agency said it was owed a 10 percent cut of his fees on several projects including $70,000 in commissions for Unstoppable, $450,000 for Man on Fire, $110,000 for The Taking of Pelham 123 and $400,000 for Deja Vu.
Scott jumped to his death last year from a bridge in Los Angeles.
After CAA submitted a creditor claim, a Scott family representative told The Hollywood Reporter. "This is a standard legal procedure. The Scott estate has every intention to pay as soon as possible. Tony and CAA had a wonderful relationship."
But according to City News Service, the Scott estate rejected the claim Friday with no reason given.
The denial might not in itself indicate a big dispute, and a source says it could be a prelude to a negotiation where the situation is resolved amicably. Scott family reps weren't immediately responding. CAA has declined comment.
- Comics Legend Brian Michael Bendis on Guardians of the Galaxy, Sexism, and Making a Nonwhite Spider-Man
- The Time Kerry Washington, Ellen Pompeo, Viola Davis, and Shonda Rhimes Just Hung Out and Talked
- The Into the Woods Trailer Is Finally Here
- Lorde Is Curating The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Soundtrack