Injured 'Transformers 3' Extra Receives $18.5 Million Settlement
Gabriella Cedillo, 26, was hit by a cable that smashed through her car during production of the 2011 Michael Bay blockbuster.
An Illinois judge has approved an $18.5 million settlement for woman who was critically injured during production of Paramount's Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
Gabriella Cedillo, 26, was among a group of extras driving in an uninhabited portion of Hammond, Ind. in September 2010 during production of the Michael Bay-directed blockbuster, which went on to gross more than $1 billion in 2011. A cable pulling a stunt car apparently snapped and crashed through the windshield of her car. She was airlifted to a nearby hospital and underwent surgery for a head injury, but despite the medical attention, the woman still has brain impairment.
Cedillo's attorneys blamed Paramount and DreamWorks, filing lawsuits to cover medical bills that were said to have reached $350,000 and seeking punitive damanges.
But the litigation has settled, with a Cook County judge approving, according to NBCChicago.com.
A Paramount rep did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!