UTA Agent Michael Camacho Resigns In Wake of Lawsuit Settling
Reality television agent Michael Camacho has resigned from UTA, the agency confirms to The Hollywood Reporter. The move comes about a week after UTA settled a lawsuit against Camacho by former client Scott Einziger alleging a conflict of interest related to a romantic affair.
Camacho, who served as the head of UTA's alternative department, was accused by Einziger in an April 2011 lawsuit of steering the Big Brother producer from a lucrative job on the hit CBS series to Relativity Real, a risky venture fronted by Ellen Rakieten, a producer who was engaged in a "serious personal relationship" with Camacho. After a year of heated litigation, Einziger dropped the lawsuit in late September in advance of a scheduled October trial. Terms of the settlement were not released.
In announcing his departure to colleagues, Camacho did not reveal what his next step might be.
Here's the UTA statement:
“We are extremely grateful to Michael for the huge contribution he has made to UTA over the past five years. His intensity and focus have been at the center of building a great business for us in the non-scripted television space. He has trained a great group of senior executives who, under the guidance of Jay Sures, will continue to build this division both domestically and globally. Brett Hansen and Joe Labracio will serve as day to day points as we grow the business under Jay’s leadership.”
Here's Camacho's email to his co-workers:
I have decided to resign as a Partner at UTA in order to pursue the next phase of my career. This was a difficult decision. My time at UTA has been incredible, and I am very proud of the department that we have built. I feel certain that I am leaving the department much stronger and more vibrant than when I arrived, and that is very gratifying to me.
I will always be grateful for the opportunity that UTA gave to me when I joined. I believe that there are few places anywhere that embrace and support people and ideas the way this agency does.
As I look forward, I am sure of one thing and that is that we will be working together in a new capacity that will be rewarding and exciting for us all.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum