Warner Bros. Promotes Ana de Castro to Senior VP, Deputy General Counsel
In her new role, the 18-year company veteran will focus on franchise properties and commercial opportunities around the world.
Ana de Castro has been promoted to senior vp and deputy general counsel at Warner Bros. Entertainment.
She will play a key role in helping guide the legal function, focusing on franchise properties and commercial opportunities around the world.
De Castro, an 18-year veteran of the company, reports to John Rogovin, executive vp and general counsel at Warner Bros. Entertainment. In her new role, she will work closely with Rogovin and Warner Bros.' senior legal team on strategic initiatives to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the studio-wide legal group.
"Ana has a deep knowledge of the studio, extensive commercial experience, a strong background in intellectual property and licensing, excellent management skills and a first-rate legal mind," says Rogovin. "She has provided invaluable legal and strategic counsel throughout her tenure, and we're glad to have her joining our corporate team where we can further draw on her expertise."
De Castro had been senior vp business and legal affairs at Warner Bros. Consumer Products since 2007. Before that, she was vp legal affairs within the division.
She joined the company in 1996 after serving as assistant general counsel-marketing at Unilever United States Inc. She began her career as a corporate attorney at Morrison & Foerster.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'