Warner Bros. Promotes Ana de Castro to Senior VP, Deputy General Counsel
In her new role, the 18-year company veteran will focus on franchise properties and commercial opportunities around the world.
Ana de Castro has been promoted to senior vp and deputy general counsel at Warner Bros. Entertainment.
She will play a key role in helping guide the legal function, focusing on franchise properties and commercial opportunities around the world.
De Castro, an 18-year veteran of the company, reports to John Rogovin, executive vp and general counsel at Warner Bros. Entertainment. In her new role, she will work closely with Rogovin and Warner Bros.' senior legal team on strategic initiatives to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the studio-wide legal group.
"Ana has a deep knowledge of the studio, extensive commercial experience, a strong background in intellectual property and licensing, excellent management skills and a first-rate legal mind," says Rogovin. "She has provided invaluable legal and strategic counsel throughout her tenure, and we're glad to have her joining our corporate team where we can further draw on her expertise."
De Castro had been senior vp business and legal affairs at Warner Bros. Consumer Products since 2007. Before that, she was vp legal affairs within the division.
She joined the company in 1996 after serving as assistant general counsel-marketing at Unilever United States Inc. She began her career as a corporate attorney at Morrison & Foerster.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!