Wayans Brothers Settle Joke Theft Lawsuit
Alas, there will be no jokes from the Wayans Brothers in a Los Angeles courtroom.
On the eve of a trial to determine whether Keenen, Shawn and Marlon ripped off jokes for their book, You Know You're a Golddigger When..., the matter has been resolved by the parties.
Jared Edwards sued the Wayans clan after working for them for a decade. He claims he pitched the idea for book that would include material like "You know you're a golddigger when you divorce your celebrity husband but keep his last name to get into clubs."
The Wayanses rejected the idea, then allegedly did their own version. The book didn't sell too well, however, and a judge capped any damage award that a jury might deliver as punishment.
Now both sides have filed a joint stipulation to voluntarily dismiss the lawsuit. Exact terms aren't known, and we haven't yet heard back from Edwards' attorney.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing