WME Sues CNBC Anchor Over Six-Figure Commissions
Amanda Drury allegedly terminated agency in December 2010 and has failed to pay 10 percent on "lucrative" CNBC deal.
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment has filed a lawsuit against CNBC anchor Amanda Drury over commissions.
The talent agency says it represented Drury in her negotiations with CNBC that took place between October 2009 and April 2010 and culminated in a lucrative four-year agreement. The Australian journalist now is a co-anchor on the network's Street Signs.
In a complaint filed Thursday in New York state court, WME says it is entitled to 10 percent of Drury's gross compensation from the deal. The agency says Drury thanked it for a job "well done" but then "abruptly" terminated WME in December 2010.
Since that time, Drury allegedly has refused to pay any commissions and refused to acknowledge any obligations. The lawsuit doesn't indicate exactly what is owed, but says damages are at least $150,000.
Drury also is a contributor on NBC's Today.
"Ms. Drury terminated William Morris Endeavor nearly two years ago as a result of its failure to perform even the most basic services that any agency offers to its clients," said John Rosenberg at Rosenberg & Giger, who represents Drury. "WME's lawsuit is a desperate effort to extract an unwarranted payment from Ms. Drury, who is fully confident that she will prevail in the court proceedings."
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @eriqgardner
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!