WME Sues CNBC Anchor Over Six-Figure Commissions
Amanda Drury allegedly terminated agency in December 2010 and has failed to pay 10 percent on "lucrative" CNBC deal.
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment has filed a lawsuit against CNBC anchor Amanda Drury over commissions.
The talent agency says it represented Drury in her negotiations with CNBC that took place between October 2009 and April 2010 and culminated in a lucrative four-year agreement. The Australian journalist now is a co-anchor on the network's Street Signs.
In a complaint filed Thursday in New York state court, WME says it is entitled to 10 percent of Drury's gross compensation from the deal. The agency says Drury thanked it for a job "well done" but then "abruptly" terminated WME in December 2010.
Since that time, Drury allegedly has refused to pay any commissions and refused to acknowledge any obligations. The lawsuit doesn't indicate exactly what is owed, but says damages are at least $150,000.
Drury also is a contributor on NBC's Today.
"Ms. Drury terminated William Morris Endeavor nearly two years ago as a result of its failure to perform even the most basic services that any agency offers to its clients," said John Rosenberg at Rosenberg & Giger, who represents Drury. "WME's lawsuit is a desperate effort to extract an unwarranted payment from Ms. Drury, who is fully confident that she will prevail in the court proceedings."
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @eriqgardner
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)