'12 Years a Slave's' Chiwetel Ejiofor: It Took Months to Leave Behind Emotional Role
The Oscar contender tells THR the immersive film was "a privilege" to make, though he admits the emotionally demanding role was difficult to leave behind. "My hope was that I'd be able to drop the whole thing, but that wasn't possible," Ejiofor says. "I spent about two months, more or less on my own, just to try and come out of the experience."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)