'Can a Song Save Your Life?' Writer-Director John Carney and His Favorite Break-Up Music
John also reveals that he wanted his new film to seem like a cousin of his 2006 drama Once.
"Many of the big decisions of my life were made with the record playing. What I would like to see people come away with for this film is music is integral to the way we communicate and the way we make decisions," says John.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?