The Composers: Balancing Work and Personal Life
Danny Elfman, Fernando Velasquez, Alexandre Desplat and our roundtable guests share how they are able to balance work with their personal lives. Argo and Zero Dark Thirty composer Alexandre Desplat talking about a peer added, "He was asked once 'do you have a hobby?' and he says, 'Well I conduct and when I don't conduct, I compose and then I conduct' so we don't have hobbies, we can have compassions and extra things that come and bring to our creation something more but it is a tough job of deadlines so it is very difficult for everyone around us."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)