'Rock of Ages' Star Constantine Maroulis on His New Broadway Role
Constantine Maroulis, who originated the role of aspiring rock star Drew in Rock of Ages, admits he's reluctant to see the movie version of the hit musical.
"I'm kinda just, like, not really ready to see it just yet," he told THR on the red carpet at Sunday's Tony Awards in New York City. "I pop up in the movie but I know it's gonna be fantastic. And the buzz is out, and so many movie stars and stuff, and I think it's a testament to all the work that I did and fans and the other cast members did all along the way."
He is, however, excited about his leading role in the upcoming revival of the musical Jekyll and Hyde, which hits Broadway in the spring of 2013.
"Hopefully, we'll be back here next year," he said, referencing the Tonys.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)