'Rock of Ages' Star Constantine Maroulis on His New Broadway Role
Constantine Maroulis, who originated the role of aspiring rock star Drew in Rock of Ages, admits he's reluctant to see the movie version of the hit musical.
"I'm kinda just, like, not really ready to see it just yet," he told THR on the red carpet at Sunday's Tony Awards in New York City. "I pop up in the movie but I know it's gonna be fantastic. And the buzz is out, and so many movie stars and stuff, and I think it's a testament to all the work that I did and fans and the other cast members did all along the way."
He is, however, excited about his leading role in the upcoming revival of the musical Jekyll and Hyde, which hits Broadway in the spring of 2013.
"Hopefully, we'll be back here next year," he said, referencing the Tonys.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)